Dear Friends of Kingston Inner Harbour,
Four items this week of relevance to the Inner Harbour + INVITATION!
1) Belle Park Ideas and Recommendations: Tues, Sept 19 Council Meeting,
2) Tannery Development: Initial Study Grant Application. Tues, Sept 19 Council meeting
3) Tree Bylaw update: Wed, Sept 20, Fairmount Home 6-8 pm
+ daytime meetings Fri, Sept 22, 10 am, Unity Road and 1:30 pm Gore Road.
4) Development at Marine Museum Site: Planning meeting Thurs Sept 21, Council Chambers
5) TURTLE PARTY
1) Belle Park Ideas and Recommendations – Public Engagement:
Report #17-249 to be presented at Council tonight, Tues, Sept 19, Council Chambers, City Hall, 7:30 pm
Report 17-251 to be presented at Council tonight, Tues, Sept 19, Council Chambers, City Hall, 7:30 pm.- Approval of Initial Study Grant Application, Brownfields Project. Area 1A for the Property Located at Former Davis Tannery, 2 RIver St.
3) Tree Bylaw changes: Open House, Fairmount Home, Wed. Sept 20, 6-9 pm
Coffee Chats: Friday, Sept 22, 1485 Unity Rd, Kingston Fire & Rescue Station #8, and
1:30 pm, 211 Gore Rd, Kingston Fire & Rescue Station #3
4) Projected Development at Marine Museum Site
What: Developer Jay Patry wants to build a 20 story tower on waterfront land. It would rise up beside the former Marine Museum of the Great Lakes. The City’s Official Plan limits the height of buildings here to 8 storeys. Patry would like an exemption from this restraint.
Where: Council Chambers, City Hall
When: Thurs, Sept 21, 6:30 pm
NOTE: This is a Planning Committee meeting where the public is encouraged to comment.
5) TURTLE PARTY
If you are interested in learning more about our Inner Harbour Turtle Project, you are invited to a pot-luck at Frontenac Village from 5-7 pm, Oct 5. Save the date. More anon in the upcoming October update.
Friends of Kingston Inner Harbour